At Asahi Kasei we believe anyone can buy equipment or build a facility. It is our diverse team members around the globe who will enable us to develop ideas and technologies and capture the exciting opportunities that lie ahead. We look for candidates with a fresh perspective, people with a wide variety of skills who are creative thinkers, enjoy challenges and are driven to excel.
We are currently seeking applications to fill the following job opening at Celgard where we develop and manufacture membrane battery separators that are critical components used in lithium-ion batteries for electric drive vehicles (EDVs) and energy storage systems (ESS).
General Duties of the Job:
The Development Technician will work together with the Coating R&D team to execute defined experimental programs. In this position, you will:
- Support coating engineers with development of chemical formulations and product testing
- Operate and maintain laboratory equipment in accordance with standard operating procedures, safety procedures, and environmental practices
- Manage chemical inventory and laboratory supplies
- Develop SOP's and specifications for project equipment
- Conduct technical studies
- Assist in the development and implementation of new tests and procedures
- Responsible for sample submissions, data collection, and compiling data for analysis
- Maintain quality checks on safety and cleanliness of laboratory
- Perform other duties as requested by management
- B.S. degree is required. (A scientific discipline such as chemistry or polymer chemistry is preferred)
- Experience in organic synthesis, polymerization, or materials science is a plus. Good attendance and safety records
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage time
- 1 to 2 years of lab experience in an analytical or R&D environment
- Experience with data collection and data analysis
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Familiarity with lab equipment, including chemical handling procedures, and attention to detail are important
- Experience in chemical formulation is a plus
- Candidate must be self-motivated and able to achieve goals independently as well as to contribute effectively to the team. Must be highly organized. Able to multi-task multiple projects and activities and remain flexible and adaptable as priorities change. Must maintain constant quality awareness and be able to apply chemical knowledge while formulating and coating. Good presentation skills. Excellent interpersonal skills.
We believe a diverse workforce is crucial to our growth as a global supplier of advanced materials. Asahi Kasei is an equal opportunity employer.
This job has expired.