Associate, Marsh McLennan Strategy & Corporate Development
Location: New York City
Marsh McLennan is seeking candidates for the role of Associate, Marsh McLennan Strategy & Corporate Development located in New York City. The successful candidate will identify and analyze possible mergers, acquisitions and divestitures to develop recommendations and to project financial impact on the company's portfolio and capabilities.
What can you expect?
What's in it for you?
- Work with our senior leaders across our four business segments to develop an acquisition pipeline
- Collaborate with the businesses and their leadership teams on acquisition and divestiture strategies
- Get global exposure working in a $17B enterprise
We will count on you to:
- Opportunity to engage across different business areas to understand the services and functions Marsh McLennan delivers to clients
- Competitive pay, generous benefits, employer matching and contribution to 401k
- Generous paid time off, sick time, volunteer day per year and company paid holidays
What you need to have:
- Use your skills as a professional individual contributor in M&A / Corporate Development, to work independently with minimal supervision, assessing possible acquisition, merger, licensing opportunities and strategic partnerships in line with the company's long-term goals surfaced by M&A management.
- Conducts complex revenue and expense analyses, and consult with external advisors regarding required documentation and information
- Contribute to the identification of possible acquisition, divestiture, merger, licensing opportunities and strategic partnerships that are in line with the company's long-range goals
- Evaluate potential acquisition targets, in support of the due diligence process
- Support due diligence processes and communications by consulting with external advisors regarding required documentation and information
- Conduct complex revenue and expense analyses and projections and prepare presentations on the results of the research and analysis of acquisition targets
- Review on-going licensing agreements, acquisitions and/or alliances as the business representative for the company to extract the most value from the relationship
- Evaluate projects for potential outside financing, design financial structures and coordinate review of legal documentation
- Execute complex financial analyses, including financial reporting, forecasting, metrics projections, modeling and cost analysis
- Provide recommendations to change in databases used by M&A team
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline
- 2+ years of M&A, Strategy, Corporate Development or Valuation Advisory experience gained in a global, complex enterprise
- Be a seasoned professional individual contributor
- Work Independently with minimal supervision
- Manage projects and processes relevant to M&A
- Coach and review the work of lower professionals
- Solid problem solving skills
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written
- Solid analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Capable of influencing others within and outside of M&A regarding approaches and procedures
Marsh McLennan(NYSE: MMC) is the world's leading professional services firm in the areas ofrisk, strategy and people. The Company's 76,000 colleagues advise clients in 130 countries.With annual revenue over $17 billion, Marsh McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses.Marshadvisesindividual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk managementsolutions.Guy Carpenterdevelops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clientsgrow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities.Mercerdelivers advice and technology-drivensolutions that help organizations redefine the world of work, reshape retirement and investmentoutcomes, and unlock health and wellbeing for a changing workforce.Oliver Wymanserves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visitmmc.com, follow us onLinkedInandTwitteror subscribe toBRINK.
This job has expired.