Title: Associate Engineer
Location: Park Rapids, MN
About Lamb Weston
Lamb Weston is a leading supplier of frozen potato, sweet potato, appetizer and vegetable products to restaurants and retailers around the world. For more than 60 years, we've produced innovative, inventive products that make life better for our customers and their customers.
Job Description Summary
The Associate Engineer (AE) position is an entry level developmental engineering position. The position is intended to build upon engineering fundamentals to develop the necessary skills, networks, and experiences. The Associate Engineer position will participate in a well-rounded Supply Chain program that involves rotation between various positions for a brief period of time through critical supply chain functions, corporate, engineering, or operations related. Participation in the program will prepare an individual for opportunity to progress into a project engineering, technical engineering, project management, and/or plant engineering roles within Lamb Weston.
- Drive Associate Engineer Onboarding Process
- Engineer, design, cost estimate, and execute engineering projects by utilizing Lamb Weston project management and design management processes on an assigned capital investment project
- Solve assigned technical issues with professional write up to include solution recommendations
- Develop safety, production, and quality operational skills by working as a plant production team leader
- Job shadow all maintenance divisions (processing, packaging, boiler/steam, ammonia refrigeration, waste water/environmental)
- Develop, schedule, and execute a maintenance plan
- Develop an understanding and network within Lamb Weston supply chain by meeting and discussing roles and responsibilities, as well as how those functions interact with different supply chain work groups, particularly Engineering.
- Develop safe work skills through Lamb Weston safety trainings, execution of Lamb Weston safety processes during production/maintenance onboarding and OSHA 30 certification
- Develop ammonia safety skills by attending Lamb Weston provided Process Safety Management and HAZWOPPER training
- Attend Lamb Weston specific trainings
- Achieve Lamb Weston Process Quality certification
Basic & Preferred QualificationsEducation/ Certifications:
- Completion of Associate Engineer Onboarding process
- Completion of capital projects
- Completion of Lamb Weston Process Quality training
- Completion of onboarding trainings
- Published technical specification
- Capital project scope, schedule, and budget responsibility
- Basic Understanding of Lamb Weston supply chain
- Leadership improvement
Skills and Experience:
- B.S. or B.A. in Engineering Required
- Fundamental of Engineering Exam Pass and Engineer in Training certification Preferred
Incumbent must have the ability to effectively perform all of the following physical demands without assistance:
- 1 - 2 years related experience in a leadership/management position preferred
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills required
- Engineering design project execution preferred
- Internship in engineering discipline preferred
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office suite required
- Basic skills in Autodesk applications - Inventor, AutoCAD, Navisworks preferred
- Basic skills in meeting facilitation and leadership
- Basic skills in dealing with ambiguity
- Basic skills in problem solving
- Basic research capabilities
- Sitting or standing for up to 12 hours a day (sometimes greater than 12 hours), frequently in a construction environment.
- Lift up to 15 pounds occasionally (up to 25 pounds infrequently).
- Walking on various manufacturing facility surfaces, frequently in a construction environment.
- Climbing up ladders and stairs, frequently in a construction environment.
- Accessing difficult to reach locations, frequently in a construction environment.
- Exposed to plant and construction noises and vibrations.
- Temperature changes from hot to cold depending on work area.
- Ability to work and travel domestically and internationally for up to 4 weeks at a time (depending on phase of project).
- Ability to safely operate a Company vehicle for up to 8 hours at a time.
Coupled with our compensation and bonus incentive programs, our benefits deliver rewards that are market competitive. Some of the most attractive elements of our benefit programs include:
- Health Insurance Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health and Dependent Care, and Health Reimbursement Accounts
- Well-being programs including companywide events and a wellness incentive program
- Paid Time Off
- Financial Wellness - Industry leading 401(k) plan with generous company contributions, Financial Planning Services, Employee Stock purchase program, and Health Savings Accounts, Life and Accident insurance
- Family-Friendly Employee events
- Employee Assistance Program services - mental health and other concierge type services
Benefits may vary based on location, job role/level, job status, and/or the terms of any applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Job Requisition ID: Req-232993
Time Type: Full time
In compliance with applicable state and local laws, Lamb Weston has opted to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. This compensation is specific to this position and takes into account a number of variables. Actual compensation may be higher or lower in the range posted based on various factors, including, but not limited to, job duties, experience and expertise. A candidate's work location could also impact the actual compensation being outside of the range to reflect local cost of labor. A reasonable annual estimate of the range for this role based on the variables previously mentioned is: $65,510.00 - $98,250.00Lamb Weston is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law