At AstraZeneca, we're not afraid to do things differently. We're resetting expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening up new ways to work, pioneering groundbreaking methods and bringing global teams together.
Here, we challenge the norm, and that means we expect our people to as well. In order to develop life-changing medicines, we approach problems in an outstanding way - agile, forward-thinking, and passionate about what our people need to make outstanding discoveries.
The Associate Director of Communications plays a meaningful role in leading a revolution in oncology to redefine cancer care. Here, you will develop and deliver communications in support of a coordinated global corporate affairs strategy for our approved medicines and late-stage pipeline - improving and protecting pipeline reputation and brands to drive commercial success.
As part of the global Oncology Corporate Affairs team, you will establish and differentiate our oncology portfolio of medicines with a wide range of key audiences including employees, partners, medical community, academics and researchers, patients and the media.
Combining communications, public affairs and advocacy activities, this role provides expert support to the global brand team by developing external communication and marketing campaigns, working closely with the regions, and a mix of internal stakeholders across Commercial, Development, Investor Relations and Global Media Relations.
This role will drive communications around clinical, regulatory and business achievements. In addition, this role will support global market approvals, engaging with market access, patient advocacy, and marketing teams as well as provide leadership / executive communications support to our lung cancer senior leaders.
Candidate Focus & Challenge
Candidate Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Support, develop and execute a global Corporate Affairs strategy, seeking to establish AstraZeneca as an emerging leader.
- Support a coordinated approach to milestones, news flow and activity planning
- Develop an impactful media relations strategy and a compelling narrative to bring to life our science-led pipeline and life-changing medicines
- Support the execution of multi-stakeholder signature programs and advocacy initiatives to remove barriers to treatment adoption.
- Effectively develop and creatively use internal and external communications channels, including traditional and social media, while working with 'channel leads'
- Provide counsel to Senior Leaders, Investor Relations colleagues and provide issues management support to brand leaders, Franchise teams, including media and message training.
- Identify and support issues preparedness and crisis management to protect brand and company reputation and present to internal stakeholders.
- Ensure timely communications and alignment on emerging issues across key internal stakeholder groups, including in markets.
- Support the development and implementation of timely, impactful and content rich internal communications programs for our medicines and their indications to improve employee engagement and brand awareness.
- Effectively manage and deploy agency support through clear objectives and KPIs
- Bachelor's Degree preferred - Graduate with solid understanding of global Pharmaceutical market and innovative life sciences environment, ideally in specialty care products
- Established track-record of delivering impactful, strategic and content rich communications programs and proactive stakeholder management
- Meaningful experience of healthcare communications gained in-house at a leading multinational biopharma company or at a global agency, backed up by deep understanding of regulatory environment, compliance framework, and perspectives of external stakeholders such as physicians, payers, patients.
- Significant experience of leading issues management in a similar environment / for global brands/disease areas.
- Strong media relations experience, including in digital and social media.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Creativity and desire to challenge the status quo
- Ability to influence and counsel leaders and teams across functions and geographical/cultural differences.
- Ability to provide inspirational mentorship to peers and team members.
- Experience of translating scientific content for a range of audiences.
The role will involve travel, as the need arises, to key markets and locations of leading medical congresses.
Our sites offer a variety of amenities to help boost efficiency and help keep our employees happy and balanced. This includes a fitness center, employee healthcare clinic, electric vehicle charging stations, dry cleaning, full-service cafeteria and copy center. This is where you'll find newly-designed, activity-based work spaces to suit a variety of working styles while encouraging collaboration between teams.
Join AstraZeneca and help us deliver life changing medicines! Be among our employees who continue to make us an innovation-driven company that stands firmly among the leaders in biopharmaceuticals.Apply today!