Moderna is seeking an experienced, agile, and highly motivated individual to manage contracting for the Medical Affairs organization. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented with a customer-focused approach and the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
This role will be responsible for coordinating the selection and contracting of vendors and consultants engaged to deliver services for contracting activities. The successful candidate will have strong experience in outsourcing and contracts management with specific knowledge of assigned functional area activities.
The ability to effectively coordinate and organize in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment is a must. Applicants should be outstanding team members with a strong desire to be part of a high-growth, transformational company that is Bold, Relentless, Curious, and Collaborative.
Here's What You'll Do
Here's What You'll Need (Minimum Qualifications)
- Provide contracting support within assigned functional areas at Moderna.
- Oversee the end-to-end administration of processes governing the coordination of contracts from the identification of need through vendor/consultant assessment and selection, negotiation, approval gathering, execution, analysis, and reporting.
- Serve as primary lead on contracts and agreements for assigned functional area(s) including the regions.
- Assign incoming contract requests to contract managers based on contract type and individual's workload.
- Ensure effective and efficient end-to-end management of contract requests across a team of contract managers from contract request/intake through approval and execution.
- Manage outsourcing strategies and ensure cross-functional alignment, implementation, and financial compliance.
- Manage the bidding and vendor selection process and drafting/review of contract documents for outsourced services, optimizing appropriate tools and guidance documents to support the functional teams.
- Analyze and negotiate budget and contract terms as needed, utilizing benchmarking tools and established negotiation parameters where appropriate.
- Collaborate with Legal, Procurement, Finance, and other departments as appropriate to ensure that contracting needs are met and handled in a manner that is consistent with company requirements, applicable regulations, and good business practices.
- Support strategic initiatives and development/updating of processes, tools, and templates to improve overall contracting practices.
- Develop, collate, and review metrics related to the contract process and take appropriate action to improve efficiency and timeliness of contract processing.
- Develop and maintain key relationships across a broad sphere of influence, both internally and externally, to ensure organizational goals are met.
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table (Preferred Qualifications)
- Bachelors degree in a scientific, business, or legal discipline or related field
- 7+ years of job-related experience in the pharmaceutical, life sciences or related industry
- Experience in contract negotiation and management
- Experience working with healthcare provider outsourced activities
Moderna is pleased to provide you and your family with a comprehensive and innovative suite of benefits, including:
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills including ability to prioritize critical needs, act decisively, and handle a high volume of complex tasks within a given timeframe
- Proven ability to lead across a matrixed team
- Track record of establishing effective business relationships with internal and external customers, demonstrating strong collaboration skills, commitment to relationship building, and a relentless focus in delivering on commitments
- Flexibility to adapt to the dynamic needs of a rapidly growing biotech company
- Exceptional negotiation skills-you are a tenacious problem-solver with a focus on building mutually beneficial relationships
- Curiosity that allows you to constantly learn and challenge the status quo, with a demonstrated commitment to process improvement and best practices
- Respect for others and a desire to work as a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, analytical and prioritization skills for the management of multiple concurrent projects with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation software (MS Office skills such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint)
- A 'digital first' mindset, creative in using IT solutions to drive efficiency wherever possible
- A desire to make an impact as part of a high-growth, transformational company that is Bold, Relentless, Curious, and Collaborative
- Highly competitive and inclusive medical, dental and vision coverage options
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Lifestyle Spending Account funds to help you engage in personal enrichment and self-care activities
- Family care benefits, including subsidized back-up care options and on-demand tutoring
- Free premium access to fitness, nutrition, and mindfulness classes
- Exclusive preferred pricing on Peloton fitness equipment
- Adoption and family-planning benefits
- Dedicated care coordination support for our LGBTQ+ community
- Generous paid time off, including:
• Vacation, sick time and holidays
• Volunteer time to participate within your community
• Discretionary year-end shutdown
• Paid sabbatical after 5 years; every 3 years thereafter
- Generous Paid Leave offerings, including 18 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 401k match and Financial Planning tools
- Moderna-paid Life, LTD and STD insurance coverages, as well as voluntary benefit options
- Complimentary concierge service including home services research, travel booking, and entertainment requests
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
- Location-specific perks and extras!
Candidates should be aware that Moderna currently maintains a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive a booster shot once eligible. Newly hired employees must be vaccinated and boosted prior to their employment start date. Moderna is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated or receive a booster where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.About Moderna
In over 10 years since its inception, Moderna has transformed from a research-stage company advancing programs in the field of messenger RNA (mRNA), to an enterprise with a diverse clinical portfolio of vaccines and therapeutics across seven modalities, a broad intellectual property portfolio in areas including mRNA and lipid nanoparticle formulation, and an integrated manufacturing plant that allows for rapid clinical and commercial production at scale. Moderna maintains alliances with a broad range of domestic and overseas government and commercial collaborators, which has allowed for the pursuit of both groundbreaking science and rapid scaling of manufacturing. Most recently, Moderna's capabilities have come together to allow the authorized use and approval of one of the earliest and most effective vaccines against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Moderna's mRNA platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, and has allowed the development of therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases, cardiovascular diseases and autoimmune diseases. Moderna has been named a top biopharmaceutical employer by Science for the past seven years. To learn more, visit www.modernatx.com.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.