Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 5.4 billion Euros turnover, over 900 laboratories across 50countries and about 55,000 staff.
If you're seeking to become engaged in purposeful work that will have a far-reaching impact, Eurofins Agroscience Services (EAS) provides the environment you're looking for. With more than 50 years' experience in the crop protection industry, EAS offers a unique portfolio of expertise, providing extensive laboratory and field support across multiple industries including agrochemical, biopesticide, pharmaceutical, biocide, and fine chemical manufacturers.
When you join the EAS Group, you'll become part a network of laboratories that prioritizes the execution of top-tier scientific studies. With access to specialized equipment and best-in-class instrumentation, you will collaborate with a team of highly trained scientists and study directors to rapidly build upon your existing skills set.
Eurofins Agroscience Services is searching for an AssistantScientist I to work in Columbia, MO. If you are looking to work with a dynamic team, this is the position for you!
Assistant Scientist I responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
QualificationsThe ideal candidate would possess:
- Carries out routine experiments and procedures in accordance with all applicable regulatory requirements as defined by protocol, method, and standard operatingprocedures.
- Performs laboratory tasks including but not limited to use of analytical balances, measuring volumes, proficient at dispensing volumes with devices such as syringe, pipet, or graduated cylinder, preparation of buffer solutions, use of pH meter, sample processing/ homogenization, microbial analysis, total organic carbon measurement, wet/dry determinations, sample combustions, use of liquid scintillation counters and assist with experimental setup such as preparation of traps for volatile components
- Perform calculations associated with productchemistry.
- Performs analysis, first level, and peer review of data foraccuracy and completeness.
- Documentation of work performed in laboratory notebooks, worksheets, instrument logbooks, or other printed documents as per applicable SOP and GLP guidelines
- Organization and maintenance of study raw data binders
- Contribute to preparation of data summaries and draft reports.
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field such as chemistry, biochemistry, biology, chemical engineering, pharmaceutical sciences, or other directly related field or degree with comparable coursework in the above areas.
- In rare cases, comparable demonstrated competence and experience in the relevant area may be used to substitute in whole or in part for the Bachelor's degree.
- Familiarity and/or experience in a laboratory setting is required.
Position is full time, Monday-Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm.
Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Columbia, MOare encouraged to apply.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work.To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website
www.eurofinsus.com.What Happens Next
Our people are the backbone of what we do, so it's incredibly important we find the right individuals to join us. As a potential new recruit you'll be invited to meet the team in the form of an assessment centre or a staged interview process dependent on the role and it's requirements, this will give you the opportunity to see what working for Eurofins is really like and enable us to get you know your key skills and strengths.Your data
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
We reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as early as possible.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Videos To Watch
This job has expired.