Please review the details for the position before applying for the opening. If you are an internal employee, please apply through the internal portal on Workday. You should have your completed resume/cv and cover letter ready to upload. You should upload both documents on the third page (the required section is named resume/cv - this is also where you should upload your cover letter). These documents should either be in a PDF format (.pdf) or a Word document (.doc) format.
Job Posting Title
Assistant Contract Administrator
Job Description Summary
Following department policies and procedures, the position provides day-to-day contract and financial administration duties, including use and knowledge of project management software for these purposes. This position is also responsible for providing general office administrative functions to support the Planning, Design and Construction team, and provides backup support as needed to the Facilities Department. The position requires strong customer service skills, detail orientation, and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
Primary Position Responsibilities
Financial Administration :
- Working in Procore software system, responsible for the review and accuracy of invoices, uploading data, tracking and reporting on budget status to directors and management. This must be completed for capital projects, major maintenance, donor projects, and department projects, and requires knowledge of funding sources and cost centers.
- Working in Workday, process financial documents, including purchase orders, invoices, and change orders. This requires coordination and a strong, effective relationship with the department Finance Manager and the College budget office.
- Coordinate regularly with Business Manager for accurate budget tracking, reporting, expenses, and funding allocation.
Contract Administration :
- General knowledge of legal contracts and selection of the appropriate agreement to align with service or goods. Process contract documents to ensure information is accurate and complete, including bid forms.
- Manage RFP's, RFQ's, and fee proposals to ensure competitive bidding process policy is followed. Process bid forms for compliance with College purchasing policy.
- Responsible for vendor relationships, including regular reporting on status of invoices for vendors. Also coordinate with vendors to collect all required information and ensure they are in good working status with the College.
Project and Office Administration:
- Coordinate regularly with the full staff of project managers to support design and construction projects including financial documents and advice, contract processing.
- Coordination with the operations team, including generation of work orders and regular communication about status of work.
- Support design and construction tasks such as submittal logs and schedules
- Administrative support and calendar management, event planning and support, and onboarding of new employees
- Perform other duties as designated by management. Some over-time hours are required
- Strong organizational skills with understanding of work flow processes and how to adapt them
- Ability to interact well with team members in a professional and courteous manner
- Highly motivated with ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and accuracy with financial information
- Bachelor Degree in business administration or related field.
Skills and Abilities Required
- Minimum two years similar experience.
- High level of customer service experience with ability to interact and communicate effectively
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- General accounting, bookkeeping, and database management skills
- Knowledge of Workday, TMA, Procore (or other project management software), and Microsoft office. Knowledge of funding sources and cost centers is required.
- High quality of work that meets the needs of the department
- Ability to work independently under general direction
- All employees hired after August 2, 2021 are required to upload proof of vaccination against COVID-19, subject to approved medical or religious exemptions or disability accommodations.
Full timeEEO StatementAt Wellesley, we embrace and honor difference and diversity. We believe the best ideas-the best solutions-draw on a range of voices, perspectives, and experiences. As a college, and as a community, we are dedicated to assuring that all members for the Wellesley community have an equal opportunity to flourish. Wellesley College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum. Wellesley College and all its subcontractors shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that Wellesley College and all of its subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. Candidates who believe they can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply.
This job has expired.