This job has expired.
Do you want to be part of an inclusive team that works to develop innovative therapies for patients? Every day, we are driven to develop and deliver innovative and effective new medicines to patients and physicians. If you want to be part of this exciting work, you belong at Astellas!
Astellas Pharma Inc. is a pharmaceutical company conducting business in more than 70 countries around the world. We are committed to turning innovative science into medical solutions that bring value and hope to patients and their families. Keeping our focus on addressing unmet medical needs and conducting our business with ethics and integrity enables us to improve the health of people throughout the world. For more information on Astellas, please visit our website at www.astellas.com.
This position is based in Northbrook, Illinois. Remote work from certain states may be permitted in accordance with Astellas' Responsible Flexibility Guidelines. Candidates interested in remote work are encouraged to apply.
Purpose and Scope:
The Associate Director, Gene Therapy Competitive Intelligence & Market Planning role will be responsible for developing and maintaining an accurate view of the Global market conditions for the assigned product(s) and disease areas, providing primary and secondary market research, forecasting inputs and competitive intelligence. This role will develop insights for Astellas Gene Therapies (AGT) including tracking the gene therapy landscape to understand how our assets are differentiated, assessing the commercial potential of new opportunities (BD and/or new R&D opportunities), and building market knowledge and identifying actionable insights to support product commercialization (leading and contributing to key business processes and interacting with product teams in various stages of development). This role will collaborate extensively across AGT as well as with other Astellas Insights teams to leverage those capabilities and influence decision making.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* Lead global commercial analysis activities for assigned product and disease areas. Provide forward looking insights to advance understanding of the relevant markets with the aim of delivering major competitive advantage for Astellas' products and development strategy
* Lead the identification of information needs, development of market research/data analysis plan, execution of the research process, and communication of actionable insights within assigned products
* Develop deep understanding of the market landscape which includes market potential, market trends, unmet medical and patient needs, market access challenges and competitors' trend for each of the assigned products
* Work closely with colleagues across Astellas to complete work and share learnings.
* Communicate key business findings and insights to the relevant cross functional stakeholders
* As needed, assume direct responsibility for execution of market research, competitive intelligence, forecasting inputs for assigned product
Responsible for the development and execution of the market research plans for the assigned priority products,
* Managing projects with total budget up to ~$1M
* Reports to Senior Director, Business Insights, Analytics, and Ops
* Peer group: NPP, PF-GR, Market Access, Other Astellas Insights teams (MIPI, NPA, etc.)
* Scope: Astellas Gene Therapies
* Bachelor's Degree
* 8+ year experience in the pharmaceutical or other related healthcare field in the area of market research, competitive intelligence, analysis or strategic consulting
* Experience in project management: leading/managing multiple projects simultaneously and management of complex projects
* Experience in identifying, evaluating, and translating primary and secondary data sources and analysis to provide unbiased, objective, in-depth understanding of the market, product performance, customers, and competitors in support of brand strategy
* Exceptional presentation, facilitation, collaboration, and influencing skills
* Excellent analytical and strategic thinking skills
* Demonstrated ability to work in a highly matrixed organization
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple vendors
* Understanding of the broad functions of a global pharmaceutical organization
* Requires a deep understanding of business strategy, products, customers and the industry
* Undergraduate degree in STEM
* Advanced Degree i.e. PhD, MBA
* Experience performing similar tasks either in biotech/biopharma company focused on gene therapies or rare diseases
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
* Generous Paid Time Off options, including Vacation and Sick time, plus national holidays including year-end shut down
* 401(k) match and annual company contribution
* Company paid life insurance
* Annual Corporate Bonus and Quarterly Sales Incentive for eligible positions
* Long Term Incentive Plan for eligible positions
* Referral bonus program
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!