Do you want to be part of an inclusive team that works to develop innovative therapies for patients? Every day, we are driven to develop and deliver innovative and effective new medicines to patients and physicians. If you want to be part of this exciting work, you belong at Astellas!
Astellas Pharma Inc. is a pharmaceutical company conducting business in more than 70 countries around the world. We are committed to turning innovative science into medical solutions that bring value and hope to patients and their families. Keeping our focus on addressing unmet medical needs and conducting our business with ethics and integrity enables us to improve the health of people throughout the world. For more information on Astellas, please visit our website at www.astellas.com.
This position is based in Northbrook, Illinois. Remote work from certain states may be permitted in accordance with Astellas' Responsible Flexibility Guidelines. Candidates interested in remote work are encouraged to apply.
Purpose and Scope:
The Asset Lead serves as the matrix team leader with overall accountability for the development of an asset(s) from late preclinical through life cycle management who reports to the Primary Focus Development Head.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Provides strategic direction and executional oversight to asset team(s) translating Primary Focus level strategies into a comprehensive global development, registrational plan aligned with the corporate strategic plan.
- Serves as the "asset CEO"; single point of accountability for the execution of program deliverables and for day-to-day decision making for the asset(s).
- Accountable for leading a cross-functional asset team(s) including a medical, regulatory, CMC, research, operations, commercial, finance and data science to advance one or more assets from preclinical candidate nomination through clinical development, global/local regulatory submissions, and approval.
- Effectively communicates with Executive leadership through relevant Governance Committees and responsible for the approval of the program and or project plans on behalf of the asset team.
- Develops clear, prospective Go/No-Go decision points and continually validates the viability of the program ensuring development plans maximize the value of the asset.
- Accountable for effective leadership within a matrix environment for assigned asset(s), implements, and ensures key development, life cycle management milestones, and budget goals for assigned projects/programs are met.
- Actively manages issues and risks and proactively identifies alternative strategies in collaboration with Asset Team representatives.
- Ensures the programs have adequate resources and technical expertise to meet the strategic objectives.
- Partners to develop a joint global strategy for co-development programs, representing Astellas' position and minimizing escalation amongst the partners.