Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you've come to the right place!
Watch our video here
Come join Granite's growing Materials Group in beautiful Eastern Washington! We are looking for a few Plant Operators! The Asphalt Plant Operator is responsible for safely starting up and operating a hot mix asphalt plant to maintain production goals; perform repairs and maintenance as needed.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Safety start-up and shut down hot plant.
- Adjust controls to regulate flow of materials to and from conveyors, chutes, pumps, mixing and storage bins.
- Ensure the plant is operating at the proper temperature(s).
- Perform inspections of equipment, tools, site, and material.
- Perform general maintenance and repair on plant, machinery, and/or equipment as required.
- Operate mobile equipment including but no limited to front end loader, skid steer, forklift, and dozer as needed.
- Load mix and other aggregate materials into haul trucks and/or bins.
- Collaborate with Quality Control personnel to ensure that mix is produced to required specification.
- Complete various reports including but not limited to daily plant production and inventory reports.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Ensure compliance with all health, safety, environmental regulations.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalency
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 1-3 years of experience operating a hot mix plant.
- Experience with ASTEC controls or other asphalt mixing systems, preferred.
- Experience operating mobile equipment, preferred.
- Basic mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic skills, preferred.
- Knowledge of hot mix asphalt business and operations.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot mechanical and electrical problems.
- Ability to wear a full body harness and work at heights while tied off.
- Ability to work, day, swing, and night shifts (occasionally extended hours).
- Ability to work in constant exposure to outside elements, in all weather conditions.
- Ability to work in safety sensitive construction setting, including exposure to moving machinery and heavy equipment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team in a fast-paced and complex environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to squat, crawl, and work in awkward positions/confined spaces.
- Ability to obtain an MSHA Part 46 certificate as required for the job.
- Physical dexterity, stamina, and excellent hand-eye coordination with ability to: grasp, assemble, and lift objects, stand, sit, and walk for extended periods over uneven surfaces, squat, bend, climb ladders onto equipment or other objects, and potentially lie down.
- Lifting, pushing, pulling of heavy items weighing up to 80 lbs. or more.
About Granite Construction Incorporated
- Ability to understand and comply with MSHA rules and regulations.
- Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment.
- Ability and willingness to abide by Granite's Code of Conduct daily.
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please clickhere.Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening.Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place.
Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.
This job has expired.