Job ID: 262539
American Rock Products., a CRH company, is a member of the CRH West Division family, values a culture of growth, development, and internal promotion. We are a dynamic, growth-oriented, national aggregate, asphalt, concrete, and construction family of companies. For over 80 years, we have worked to be the preferred source of quality rock products, concrete, asphalt paving, and construction services. We have been recognized by numerous organizations for our commitment to safety, customer service, and innovation.
Supervises and coordinates activities of one or more crews of skilled, semi-skilled, or unskilled workers engaged in paving, grading, and site development construction projects. The worker may operate several types of heavy construction equipment, including roller, skid steer, front-end loader, power broom, paver and assist with labor related activities as needed.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Manages personnel in a safe and effective manner. He or she must provide onsite direction and guidance for employees during the course of the workday by providing sound independent judgement and application of knowledge acquired through technical engineering and trade school training.
- Consults with other project supervisors and engineers, attends meetings, performs on-site inspections and conducts weekly safety meetings.
- Assist with general labor and maintenance tasks as needed and other duties assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Education/Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- A minimum of two years previous construction related experience.
- Previous experience in a similar position is strongly preferred.
- Safety minded professional who demonstrates good performance, attendance and punctuality.
- Demonstrates the ability to plan, troubleshoot, and possess analytical skills that enable them to schedule daily work assignments, assign priorities, requisition materials and equipment.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform duties under temperature extremes and for extended hours of time
- Demonstrates the ability read and understand blueprints, charts, maps, and other drawings and plans.
- Demonstrates the ability to flexible with last minute schedule, location, and time of shift changes.
- Demonstrates the willingness to work overtime and weekends/holidays.
- Demonstrates the ability to prepare and maintain required written records, logs, progress reports, time and weight tickets, attendance records, and safety and inspection documents as required.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and customer service skills.
To view a complete job description and apply on-line:
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. What CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
American Rock Products is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Feb 11, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Portland Oregon Job Segment:
Engineer, Front End, Engineering, Technology