Clopay Corporation is North America's largest residential garage door manufacturer. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional customer service as well as unsurpassed quality and innovative products. Our employees are the cornerstone of our success and we are looking for dynamic individuals to join our team.
Our company currently has several opportunities for Area Supervisors on 3rd shift at our Troy, Ohio location.
Responsibilities will include:
• Provide a safe work environment in the assigned department. Ensure employees have received safety training and are properly using safety devices and equipment and Personal Protective Equipment.
• Responsible for ensuring proper job rotation, good general housekeeping and adherence to safety policies and work practices and procedures. Responsible for leading accident/incident investigations for all incidents within department.
• Responsible for tracking and improving line efficiencies. Line efficiency improvements may involve process and/or line layout changes, and making recommendations to reduce labor and material costs.
• Responsible for product quality and accuracy and the timely completion of production schedules in established priority sequence.
• Maintain conformance with rules and regulations, issue verbal and written warnings when required. Recommend approved disciplinary layoffs when necessary.
• Administer company policies and maintain a pleasant employer/employee relationship on the highest possible level.
• Responsible for training new employees.
• Maintain the department vacation calendar and resolve vacation conflicts.
• Conducts a monthly departmental meeting covering the topics on the Monthly Department Meeting Agenda.
• Attend company sponsored training classes and special classes to keep abreast of and well informed on new developments in regards to management and supervision and other job related courses.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience plus education.
• Minimum of 2 years manufacturing experience plus a minimum of 3 - 5 years previous supervisory experience.
• Good computer skills.
• Good communication skills.
• Detail oriented and have the ability to solve problems with little direction.
Our employees are rewarded with competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits including tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, sick and vacation time as well as a matching 401(k) savings plan. Please visit our website at www.clopaydoor.com to learn more about our company.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, providing a drug-free work environment.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!
Posted about 4 hours ago
Posted about 2 hours ago
Posted about 2 hours ago