API Development Manager
This position within our group is responsible for providing technical direction and leadership to a team of 20+ in the areas of API design, coding utilizing best practices for development and testing automation. In addition to this person responsible for developing applications and be capable of working in all areas of the Microsoft development stack.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing leadership in the way applications are designed and developed.
- Providing leadership in the way applications are tested.
- Providing leadership in progressing projects through the software lifecycle
- Assisting the development team with complex problems
- Performing code reviews.
- Application design, planning and review
- Interfacing with the project management organization, web application delivery teams within Frontier and external partners.
- Api/Service development using the Microsoft stack including building out services using Rest API.
- Database development and consumption of multiple database types.
- Unit test creation.
- Consumption of existing services.
- Working with the Dynamics environment both consuming the data and developing in the framework.
- Working with legacy applications and WCF SOAP services
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE - Required
Bachelor's degree in computer or information technology and five (5) years' experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience software development with a Microsoft development stack focus.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE - Preferred
Bachelor's degree in computer or information technology and five (5) years' experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience as a software developer along with three (3) years' experience as a team or project lead role
ESSENTIAL JOB KNOWLEDGE
- Deep understanding of the .net stack with a web service focus.
- Microsoft Web Service technologies including Rest and WCF
- Deep understanding of Microsoft SQL server development and consumption.
- Deep understanding of object-oriented programming, SOLID principals and Pattern based development.
- Extensive experience using C#, Dotnet and Dotnet Core 2.2+.
- Experience with using Team Foundation Server.
- Experience writing unit tests
- Experience writing documentation
- Experience estimating projects.
- Experience with deployment to Microsoft servers and server farms.
- Experience with deployment to Internet Information Services.
DESIRED JOB KNOWLEDGE
- Telco background
- Previous work as a lead developer
DESIRED WORK TRAITS & SKILLS
- Ability to lead a team of people
- Ability to teach experienced developers different methodologies
- Ability to mentor and develop direct reports
- Ability to work within a team of people
- Ability to communicate succinctly in writing and orally with upper management, developers, project managers, and other parts of the business
- Ability to participate in the shaping of the team's focus and vision
COMPLEXITY OF WORK & DECISION-MAKING RESPONSIBILITY
Diverse, non-routine duties requiring the exercise of judgment to determine action to be taken to resolve individual problems, within standard practice.
AUTONOMY & AUTHORITY
Objective is defined but the how is defined by broad and varying policies, procedures, rules or precedents. Employee plans and arranges own work while the senior manager provides some functional guidance. Details of accomplishing the objective are left to the position. Unusual situations are referred to supervision. Moderate accountability for some operational, fiscal or human resource activities.