AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious disease. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca we're dedicated to being a great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There's no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
CoE: The Analytics Excellence Director role is part of our Global Insights & Analytics Center of Excellence (COE). The aim of the Insights & Analytics COE is to establish industry-leading capabilities across the core areas of analytics, forecasting, reporting, business planning, and insight capabilities. It will leverage, reapply, and advance best practices in capabilities and operations from Global and US more broadly across geographies. The ambition is to accelerate the development and application of advanced analytic methodologies to solve business problems. The CoE also strives to scale and deploy these capabilities in a highly efficient manner so that continuous innovation can be pursued.
Structure: The Global Insights and Analytics and Commercial Excellence (GIACE) is responsible for Global and US across the BBU. The CoE and is organized around the following core capability areas:
- Business Planning & Capabilities (includes Analytics Excellence as well as Forecasting, Insights excellence)
- Advanced Analytics
The CoE works alongside the GIACE Insights & Analytics teams which are aligned by therapy area and brand. The CoE partners with the Insights & Analytics teams to drive portfolio and brand strategy and performance. Together we strive to uncover deep customer insights in order to drive improved decision-making and business impact. We are looking for leaders who have the passion to drive business results and bring innovation to what we do for greater impact.Role overview:
The Analytics Excellence Director is encouraged to provide leadership that delivers competitive advantage through the application of end to end analysis and insight across the US market. We are looking for a dynamic leader who can partner with the Brand Analytics team members to pioneer and embed innovative analytic capabilities and standards, thus generating local market knowledge which lead to outstanding insight driven decision-making.
The role will support the BBU in the identification, development and evaluation of new practices, whether sourced internally or externally.What you'll do
As a Analytics Excellence Director, you will be responsible for:
Skills the right candidate has:
- defining analytics strategy and priorities for new capabilities or improvements, with input and alignment of the Brand Analytics community.
- owning the development of capabilities and standards, partnering with Brand Analytics for deployment and operationalising these across the organization. The analytical solutions delivered by the Analytics team includes:
- Longitudinal patient-level data solutions and applications
- Customer touchpoints standards to enable omnichannel
- Standardised data repositories
- Segmentation and targeting + integration with Sales force call plans
- HCP & Patient Opportunity Identification
- Understanding of Return-On-Investment analytics and Efficient Resource/Budget allocation across sales and marketing channels, Market simulation, patient flow modelling
- Operational lead for management of the large set of internal+external support we have deployed to support brand analytics (including demand management, planning, collaborating closely with support functions and agencies, developing+implementing new operational models). This position will work across multiple teams to deliver, but has no direct AZ reports
- Plays lead role in partnership with IT to ensure data process, platforms and priorities are aligned and help accelerate Brand Analytics
- Driving training and development of the Brand Analytics community
- Coordinate the procurement of various datasets, design and implement analytical solutions in support of business needs, and co-lead the data management with the Sales Force Operations organization
- Supervising the external environment to stay up to date on leading analytic capabilities, both within and outside of pharma, which can be applied within the organization
- Leading the Analytics excellence budget, aligned with GIACE, I&A, CoE priorities
In addition to strong analytical skills, the Analytics Excellence Director should have excellent communication skills with a demonstrated track record of effective business partnership as demonstrated by material business impact and influencing.
Essential for the role
- Identify and prioritize improvements and new analytic capabilities. Can lead the development, deployment, and embedding of such capabilities across the organization.
- Instil a culture of continuous improvement, testing, and deployment of new capabilities for the business.
- Deeply understand the points of integration of our work and that of our colleagues.
- Develop a deep understanding of internal customers' data and analytical needs focusing on the customer-facing model leadership
- Collaborate with the US Sales Force Operations and Reporting teams to ensure success of key business processes and coordination on joint initiatives
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a significant number of business leaders and cross-functional business partners.
- 2+ years of experience in Pharmaceutical / Biotech / Healthcare analytics or secondary data analysis.
- 8+ years of experience in application of advanced methods and statistical procedures on large and disparate datasets:
- Strong communication and influencing skills with proven ability to develop and effectively present succinct, compelling reviews of independently developed analyses infused with insight and business implications/actions to be considered.
- 3+ years of hands on experience and proficiency with Python/Pyspark, SQL and big data technology - Hadoop ecosystem (Cloudera distribution - Impala, Hive, Hbase, Spark, MapReduce etc.,)
- Solid understanding of data visualization - MicroStrategy, Tableau, PowerBI, Qlikview, D3js or similar tools.
- Proficiency in manipulating and extracting insights from large longitudinal data sources, such as Claims, EMR and other patient level data sets.
- Expertise in handling and analyzing a range of large, secondary transactional databases.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Experience in MS Office products - Excel and PowerPoint skills required.
This job has expired.
- Quantitative Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required in one of the following or related fields: Engineering, Operations Research, Management Science, Economics, Statistics, Applied Math, Computer Science or Data Science. An advanced degree is an advantage (Master's, MBA or PhD).
- Strategic and critical thinking with the ability to engage, build and maintain credibility with Commercial Leadership Team.
- Strong organizational skills and time management; ability to lead diverse range of simultaneous projects.