Do you have strong communication skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities? Are you driven, intuitive and a quick learner? If you answered yes, this is a great entry-level opportunity for you.
Marsh has an opening for an Advisory Representative to support the Casualty Practice in Washington D.C. The Advisory Representative will provide administrative and clerical support duties for insurance placement activities. And maintain ongoing relationships with clients and colleagues to effectively service the stakeholders.
What can you expect?
What is in it for you?
- This position is critical to successfully support a high volume book of business to Marsh insurance clients
- You will receive on the job, online and formal training in renewal of certificates, invoicing, and data management to be successful and productive in this role
- Ability to make an immediate impact within the organization.
- Work alongside highly experienced colleagues to gain experience and skill sets for professional growth
- You will have the ability to obtain a property and casualty broker's license
We will Count on you to:
- A company with an exceptional, global brand and proven results to match
- Culture of internal mobility, collaboration and valued partnerships
- Competitive pay and full benefits package starting day one - medical, dental, vision, life insurance, generous 401k
- Employee Resource Groups which provide access to leaders, relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities and interactions with diverse counterparts in industry groups and client organizations.
- Competitive pay (salary and performance based bonus potential), full benefits package - starting day one (medical, dental, vision, STI/LTI, life insurance, generous 401k match AND contribution.)
- Flexible work opportunities for work/life balance
- Generous Parental Leave and Tuition Reimbursement plan and participation in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan
What you Need to Have:
- Coordinate team access to Marsh Technology Systems and Update Account Team Information in Marsh Technology Systems.
- Utilize Marsh Technology Systems daily to input information and update client status in the placement process
- Participate in internal strategy meetings
- Assist in the creation of the program submission, including coverage specifications in collaboration with Advisory Specialists.
- Assists in preparing proposal components including; analysis of: pricing, coverage terms and conditions, services, quote comparisons, financing, commentary and recommendation
- Generate and Delivers Confirmation of Binding Instructions to Client. Follows up for binder from Placement team
- Generates Binder Transmittal Letter via MART. Monitors the renewal and binder control system
- Requests and oversees follow-up for changes from underwriters
- Maintains market contact at appropriate levels needed to execute effectively and assist the Advisory Specialist and/or Placement Specialist
What Makes You Stand Out?
- Four-year college degree
- 1 - 2 years of work experience servicing clients or customer service experience
- Candidate will currently have or procure at the earliest opportunity Property and Casualty license
- Strong organizational/multi-tasking skills, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel) and Business Objects
- Familiarity with or ability to learn proprietary applications/databases (e.g., MART)
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced team environment
- P & C licensed
- High attention to detail and collaborative skill set
- Willingness to learn and be successful in the commercial insurance field
Marsh is the world's leading insurance broker and risk adviser. With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a business of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With annual revenue approaching US $17 billion and 76,000 colleagues worldwide, MMC helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses: Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman. Follow Marsh on Twitter @MarshGlobal; LinkedIn; Facebook; and YouTube, or subscribe to BRINK.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOEMinority/Female/Disability/Vet/SexualOrientation/Gender Identity employers.