This job has expired.
The Admissions Counselor shall be responsible for receiving incoming calls and information pertaining to individuals that may potentially be referred or admitted for hospital programs or services. This includes providing information about the hospital services to callers, scheduling assessments, and making appropriate referrals.
*This a Full-Time position scheduled evening/overnight on Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday. (Tues & Wed 11:30 pm to 7:30 am; Sat & Sun 7:30 pm to 7:30 am)
• Requires appropriate communication skills, when working with patients, and co-workers; with limited supervision
• Must be effective with verbal, non-verbal and written communication, providing age appropriate care for psychiatric patients
• Must be able to effectively problem solve in a fast-paced work environment on a daily basis
• Demonstrate the ability to coordinate residential treatment along with acute care
• Must be well versed in departmental and hospital policy and procedures, along with working mandatory overtime when needed
• Required to complete 52 hours of Continuing Education annually; including passing CALM and CPR classes
• Needs to abide by Federal, State and TJC standards, concerning patient confidentiality requirements
• Demonstrate knowledge of quality improvement goals and objectives hospital wide
• Use proper phone etiquette and techniques Take personal responsibility for own actions and employ leadership skills as needed
• Must be able to perform essential job functions such as bending, lifting and transporting patients
• Other duties as assigned
• High School/GED required
• Associates/Bachelor’s degree in a human service field preferred
• Experience in an office setting preferred
• Ability to deal with people in an empathetic and concerned manner preferred
Compass Health Network is a nonprofit health care organization offering accessible, comprehensive, & compassionate behavioral health, substance use treatment, family medicine and dental services throughout Missouri. Our network of care includes Royal Oaks Hospital and Adapt of Missouri. We are both a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and a Community Mental Health Center (CMHC). Operating only from the highest ethical and professional standards, we provide access to innovative care designed to meet the health needs of the communities we serve. Our mission is “Inspire Hope. Promote Wellness.”
Why join us?
We believe some of the most passionate people in the world work here. Our dedicated and talented staff are our most valuable asset. We strive to provide a work environment and services that are inclusive for our patients and our employees.
At Compass Health Network, these are just a few of the benefits that we offer as an organization:
We welcome inquiries from qualified individuals who want to be part of a team of hardworking, dedicated and compassionate employees whose work helps us aspire to our vision of full, healthy, productive lives for everyone. We look forward to meeting you!
Compass Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an E-Verify participant.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!