GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
The Center for the Environment and Health at Mass General seeks to integrate sustainability into all aspects of our work in order to improve the environmental health of the hospital, as well as the health and well-being of the diverse communities we serve.
The Administrative Coordinator supports the operation of the Center for the Environment and Health. This person will work closely with Center leadership, including the Director and Associate Directors, enabling them to focus on strategy while the Administrative Coordinator takes responsibility for executing essential tasks.
This position is guaranteed funding for at least 24 months.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Screen and triage emails to the Center; with experience, answer many of these independently
- Schedule meetings and working groups
- Help coordinate educational and organizational meeting events including interacting with venues, audiovisual, press releases, speakers, refreshments, etc.
- Keep and disseminate minutes of meetings
- Organize documents, media links, and other Center materials
- Curate and craft, with assistance from Center leadership, newsletters
- Work with MGH media relations and communications on creating press releases
- Maintain the Center's website with assistance from MGH Digital Marketing staff
- Organize and keep track of Center budget and financial documents
- Track progress on Center projects
- As able, participate in specific projects, with some degree of project management skills desirable
- Perform literature reviews and research environmental sustainability and climate and health topics for Center leadership
- As able, assist in/participate in scholarly activities, including opportunities for participation in data analysis/authorship depending on interest
Environmental knowledge and experience preferred
Interest and commitment to environmental sustainability welcomeSKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Basic computer literacy
- Microsoft Teams, Dropbox, Excel, Microsoft Word
- Project management and tracking software, such as Asana
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong ability to communicate and follow through with the many intersecting departments and internal and external organizations and people linked to the Center
- Excellent organizational and data management skills
- Interest/background in environmental issues preferred
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.