The Office of the Dean of Students is seeking an Admin Services Coordinator to perform and execute overall administrative duties for Leadership and Engagement, as well as Assistant and Associate Deans in the office. Duties include but may not be limited to:
- Managing various financial and administrative processes for Leadership & Engagement
- Providing receptionist services, scheduling, project support, statistical & financial documentation/reporting, and general assistance related to the functions of Leadership & Engagement.
This position will be responsible for confidential and sensitive information, as well as time sensitive material. A high degree of professionalism and discretion is expected.
This position is 100% on-campus and not eligible for remote work.
For a detailed job description, please email Melanie Bell at email@example.com About the Office of the Dean of Students:
The Office of the Dean of Students, part of the Division of Student Life at the University of Iowa, values and welcomes all students. The Office of the Dean of Students is a campus leader and partner in creating meaningful learning experiences and supporting positive and inclusive communities of students and scholars. We are here to provide assistance, advocacy, and support. Our services and departments include Student Accountability, Student Care and Assistance, Student Legal Services, the Iowa House Hotel, the Iowa Memorial Union, and Leadership & Engagement (which encompasses Fraternity & Sorority Life Programs, Leadership Service & Civic Engagement, and Student Engagement & Campus Programs.)About the Division of Student Life:
The Division of Student Life is comprised of staff that embrace new ideas and thoughts, works together to keep our students safe, and provides them with life-changing experiences. The Division of Student Life includes 15 departments that span from Recreation Services to the Office of Leadership, Service and Civic Engagement and everything in between. We believe in working together as one team to achieve our mission: fostering student success by creating and promoting inclusive educationally purposeful services and activities within and beyond the classroom. One of our division priorities is to advance UI's goals to recruit and retain U.S. racial/ethnic minority (URM) staff and students.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Administrative experience (typically 6 months - 1 year) involving managing accounts payable, reconciliation and/or financial reporting.
- Customer service experience in a similar professional, high-traffic environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with a diverse group of people, as well as the ability to model open, respectful, accepting, and supportive behaviors with team members.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively resolve conflicts or complaints.
- Proficiency with standard office computer applications, preferably Microsoft Office programs.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of University of Iowa practices, policies, and accounting systems.
- Experience using automated business systems.
- Cash handling experience.
- Working knowledge of web content management and social media.
- In order to be considered, applicants must upload a resume and cover letter and mark them as a "Relevant File" to the submission.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days and may be removed from posting and filled any time after the original posting period has ended. Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. Up to 5 professional references will be requested at a later step in the recruitment process. For questions or additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Classification Title: Admin Services Coordinator
- Appointment Type: Professional and Scientific
- Schedule: Full-time
- Pay Level: 2B
- Starting Salary Minimum: $37,063.00
- Organization: Student Life
- Contact Name: Melanie Bell
- Contact Email: Melanie-Bell@uiowa.edu