If you like the idea of helping clients achieve financial security, excel at providing high-level analysis, and have an eye for detail in reviewing client deliverables, our Retirement Valuation Services Actuarial Specialist role might be right for you. This role can be performed remotely.
What can you expect?
The purpose of this position is to provide technical leadership and day to day direction and guidance to technical staff. Responsibilities include providing detailed checking of actuarial valuations, management of a client book of business, and coaching and mentoring both analysts with a focus on career progression. The position is involved in numerous competing client projects that require delivering accurate results on time and within budget to internal Consultants.
What's in it for you?
We will count on you to:
- Work for a global company with excellent benefits and a dynamic culture
- Excellent growth/advancement opportunity
- Workwith collaborative,intelligent, solutions-focusedcolleagueswhotrulycare about the work, and each other, while maintaining work-life balance
What you need to have:
- Review and validate annual client liabilities produced by Mercer's proprietary systems
- Review and validate reports of final funding and accounting results for pension and health plans, and provide detailed analysis of results
- Review and escalate data or plan questions based on client requirements
- Review and assist in submission of required governmental reporting for pension plans
- Scope, review and provide detailed analysis in client situations of plan design changes, changes in benefit formula or assumptions and other special projects
- Provide guidance and technical leadership to analysts through valuation work and special projects to deliver results on time and within budget
- Partner with consulting teams across the country to provide superior service to Mercer's clients
What makes you stand out
- Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field
- 5-7 years pension and/or retiree medical work experience
- Experience working with multiple client teams with competing projects and rapidly changing priorities
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage and guide junior staff
- Superior proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- ASA or EA designation or active progress towards designation
- Defined Benefits experience
The National US average range for this role is 70,700.00 - 106,000.00 USD Annual. The base pay offered will be determined on factors such as experience, skills, training, location, certifications & education. We do not anticipate candidates hired into this role would immediately earn a salary at or near the top end of the range however, such a decision will be dependent on a case by case basis.
In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
We are excited to offer a competitive total rewards package which includes: health and welfare benefits, tuition assistance, 401K savings and other retirement programs as well as employee assistance programs.
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer's more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.me.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
This job has expired.