Guy Carpenter LLC Global Strategic Advisory is seeking talented and motivated individuals to join our GC Analytics Actuarial team.
What can you expect?
- You will join a team of Actuarial Advisors that deploy deeply specialized quantitative skills and sophisticated modeling to provide critical measurement and insight to our clients
- You will get to work alongside our top-tier professionals, generating a comprehensive view of all portfolio profitability components to help clients align day-to-day underwriting strategies to support long-term goals
- You will be responsible for organizing, analyzing and interpreting data and performing modeling to help analyze the cost and structure of a reinsurance program as well as other analytics projects across multiple lines of business and geographies
- Collaborative and cross-functional teams that deliver strategic insights to the largest and most prominent insurance companies in the world
What is in it for you?
- A commitment to providing an environment that values diversity, is committed to equity, and fosters an inclusive team.
- Join an outstanding professional services firm with more than 150 years of history - we are 76,000 colleagues in four global businesses united by a common purpose to make a difference in the moments that matter
- Culture of internal mobility, collaboration and strong partnerships across the business
- Competitive pay, full benefits package - starting day one (medical, dental, vision, STD/LTD, life insurance, generous 401k match AND automatic contribution)
- Competitive actuarial study program, including generous study hours, study material purchase, and base pay increases for passing exams
- Generous Parental Leave and Tuition Reimbursement plan per year and participation in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous paid time off for vacation, sick, company holidays and time to give back to your community
- Colleague Resource Groups, which provide access to leaders, relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities, and interactions with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations
We will count on you to:
- Contribute to developing an inclusive work environment that respects and values differences of background, experience, and thought.
- Organize client data, check data for reasonability, load data into predictive models, run the models, share insights with senior colleagues, and compile coherent and compelling narratives to help clients understand their degree of risk
- Perform basic calculations with client data to assess a range of risk exposures and predict outcomes for clients in support of reinsurance transaction process
- Conduct research on industry/regulatory developments that affect loss liabilities to determine the impact on clients
- Contribute to impactful and insightful discussions with clients on their reinsurance strategy
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with brokers/clients/reinsurers/colleagues, assist in promptly responding to client queries and concerns
- Keep teams updated on industry-specific and specialty related trends that may affect reinsurance programs/calculations
- Leverage our proprietary MetaRisk software suite to develop and optimize bespoke reinsurance transactions and evaluate their impact on our clients capital, growth,and volatility objectives
What you need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline such as Actuarial Science, Data Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or Statistics.
- Completion of 1 - 2 Casualty Actuarial Society (CAS) exams preferred
- Curious and proactive mindset: desire and ability to lead internal initiatives and research projects to completion
- Superior communication and presentation skills: an ability to translate complex technical analysis and concepts into easily understandable terms for brokers and clients
- A collaborative, team-oriented mindset and effective interpersonal skills that is a positive and helpful presence in colleague and client interactions.
- Strong ability to be organized and detail oriented
- Capacity to progress multiple projects at the same time
- A desire and ability to grow beyond your current capabilities
- Proficient in MS Excel with skills in other MS Office products
- Legal work authorization to work in the U.S. on a permanent and ongoing basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future.
What makes you stand out, possibly through an internship:
This job has expired.
- Familiarity with programming languages/visualization tool (i.e., R, Python, SQL, Alteryx, Power BI)
- Experience in a technical related role at a reinsurance broker, market, or catastrophe model software vendor
- Prior experience in relevant insurance / reinsurance field
- An understanding of the reinsurance industry and product lines