How would you like to lead a team who is responsible for planning and executing on an exciting activities program? Join our team as an Activities Manager and help make our guests have unforgettable experiences when they visit our resort!
The Activities Manager plans and coordinates a variety of activities for the resort. They oversee and supervise the activities team.
- Plan, coordinate, attend, and supervise all activities such as picnics, sporting events, dances, and dinners.
- Interview, hire, train, schedule, and manage activities staff.
- Produce a calendar of activities and events for resort guests and residents.
- Prepare monthly and annual activities program budgets.
- Setup and cleanup after events.
- Maintain a balance sheet for each activity showing income, expenses, attendance, and vendors used.
- Review, approve, and submit all invoices for payment in a timely manner; document all payments.
- Prepare newsletter and distribute to resort residents and guests.
- Organize fundraising activities to support the activities program.
- Maintain petty cash fund.
- Market events within or outside the resort to ensure success.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 1-2 years experience planning & managing special events, preferably in a hospitality-related environment
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Ability to work well with others inside as well as outside the company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to negotiate prices/contracts on behalf of resort
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Basic computer proficiency, including the ability to use the Microsoft Office Suite, email and internet
At Sun Outdoors, you will be part of an industry-leading organization where you will be challenged, inspired, rewarded and transformed. We place a high priority on our team members, and this is a big part of what sets us apart. We will ask you to give us your very best every day, and will challenge you with interesting work, stretch assignments, a collaborative and supportive work environment and plenty of learning and growth. In exchange, we will reward you with great pay, advancement opportunities, paid time off, great benefits, and flexibility.
- Comprehensive Medical and Prescription coverage with multipleplan designs so you can choose the plan that best meets the needs of you and your family
- Comprehensive Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Voluntary Health and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Coverage
- 401(k) Plan with Sun matching contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Identity Theft Insurance
- Legal Assistance Plan
- Pet Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement program providing financial support to team members who further their formal education
- Vacation RV Site Discounts for team members when visiting Sun Outdoors locations across the nation
- Team Member Perks & Discounts program with hundreds of discounts on things like travel, merchandise, mobile phone service, and more
- Paid Time Off including ten holidays, vacation, personal, sick time, bereavement and pay for jury duty
Job Reference: 118423
ACCESSIBILITY ASSISTANCE If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance completing an online application, please contact us at (844) SUN-4343. Alternatively, an email may be sent to email@example.com. "Applicant Accommodation" should be included in the subject line of the email.
Please note that this phone number and email address are only for those individuals who would like to request an accommodation to apply for a job. Nearest Major Market:
Bakersfield Nearest Secondary Market:
San Luis Obispo Job Segment:
Activities, Manager, Event Planning, Hospitality, Management
This job has expired.