Any qualified individual with a disability who is having difficulty in completing an application because of incompatible technology or other disability-related application issues may contact us at the following phone number for assistance: 251-445-1932.
Austal shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. Austal's commitment to equal employment opportunity applies at all levels of employment, in all job titles, including the executive level, and to all employment actions, including but not limited to decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, training, and promotion.
REPORTS TO: Accuracy Control Supervisor
SUPERVISES: No direct reports
AUTHORITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
- Engage in determining accuracy of shipbuilding and utilizing survey instruments while adhering to fundamentals of alignment.
- Monitors / verifies as built dimensional quality during fabrication, module assembly and final assembly.
- Ensures that parts are manufactured to dimensions and tolerances that minimize the potential for rework during production.
- Perform measurement surveys using photogrammetry, total station, laser trackers or other electronic 3-D instruments to support product compliance and process capability studies.
- Identify, drive, mentor & implement projects that improve overall production quality.
- This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive and employee will also perform other tasks as assigned.
- In order to be considered for this role you must have a minimum of 2 years experience with industrial measurement and survey instruments, with 3 year experience in fabrication of steel or aluminum structures ideally in a shipbuilding environment.
- Experience requirements may be reduced for internal applicants with two years industrial measurement and surveying experience.
- Candidate must be willing to work outside of regular scheduled working hours.
- High level mathematical skills including algebra and trigonometry.
- High level PC skills including good to excellent working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Access or a statistical package.
- Drafting and computer-aided design experience preferred.
- Strong leadership and organization skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
May Lead and direct the work of othersDISCRETION EXERCISED:
Not ApplicableLIAISES WITH:
Production and Engineering DepartmentsADDITIONAL GUIDELINES:
- Candidates must meet the following employment eligibility guidelines to be considered for employment with Austal USA:
- 18 years of age or older at time of application.
- Able to provide proof of US Person Status
- No felony convictions of Theft/Deception or Violent crimes within
seven years from disposition date
- No felony convictions of Drug crimes within three years from
- Willing to submit to a drug screen
- Willing to submit to a background check
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD clearance may be required if deemed necessary in the scope of your position responsibilities.
- Training will be supplied to support position; Non essential training shall be provided based upon performance and conduct. It is expected that the employee is prepared to increase his/her understanding of the applicable standards and requirements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to tour all vessels and work sites.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb and balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. Standing: 30% of the time, sitting: 30% of the time, walking 40% of the time.
Specific physical requirements include the following:
Must have the ability to bend, squat, stoop, crawl, and kneel. Perform prolonged standing. Ability to turn head from side to side and about the vertical axis. Ability to turn body at the waist from side to side and about the vertical axis. Must be able to lift and carry 10 lbs for 5% of the working day. Must have the ability to climb in a safe manner (climbing as a minimum includes stairs, scaffolding, ladders, and ramps). Ability to work at heights above 12' while working from ladders, scaffolding and/or man lifts. Able to work at a variety of levels (ex. waist, eye, overhead). Demonstrate the ability to safely and appropriately use required tools and equipment. Demonstrate good balance while working on uneven surfaces and maneuvering obstacles. Possess sufficient handgrip and coordination to carry and operate tools and equipment. Ability to utilize personal protective equipment (hard hat, safety glasses, steel-toes shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.) safely per OSHA standards. Ability to withstand cold and hot temperatures. Ability to enter 18" x 36" openings and work in confined spaces for prolonged periods of time. Able to respond to verbal and audible sounds/commands. Able to utilize adequate visual skills. Ability to fully extend the arm while reaching overhead, reaching out, reaching to the side and reaching down. Ability to perceive attributes of an object/material such as size, shape, temperature and texture by means of receptors in the hands and fingers.WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters whole performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to humid conditions, bright flashing lights, moving mechanical parts, high precarious places, outside weather conditions, and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles at or below the PEL, toxic or caustic chemicals, and heat and cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud, + 90 dB.SAFETY
Must comply with company, federal, state, and local safety and environmental rules and regulations while performing daily job tasks.