POSITION SUMMARY: Applies cash receipts to customer accounts. Monitor and contact assigned customer accounts to discuss open receivable items. Deduction process analysis.
The following responsibilities are general duties that a particular employee in this position may or may not be required to perform. The actual duties required of this position will vary.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION:
- Resolve Accounts Receivable open items like: invoices, short payments, debit memos, etc.
- Contact customers and sales representatives to follow up on aged items
- Apply payments in AS400.
- Look for Proof of Delivery documentation (File room or contact locations via email)
- Customer web portal navigation: Retrieve payment details, place claims, dispute deductions, etc.
- Maintain all customers' information files (credit applications, resale certificates W9).
- Track and file that invoices are being received from the locations
- Notify any sales representatives who has turned in incomplete forms and resale certificates.
- Support month end closing activities.
- Must maintain a professional attitude at all time when dealing with customers as well as fellow employees.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES
- Working knowledge of Excel
- Excellent telephone/communication skills
- Basic AS/400 skills (preferred)
- Knowledge of Infinium software is a plus
- Some accounts receivable experience is a plus
The following key competencies represent qualities, traits and behaviors that a successful employee will exhibit. This list is not exhaustive, as other qualities, traits and behaviors are also desired.
- Communication - Effectively and coherently conveys relevant information to managers/supervisors and coworkers. Listens to and understands others.
- Customer Service - Meets and exceeds expectations of managers/supervisors and coworkers. Acts in a professional, courteous, and cooperative manner.
- Ethics - Seeks guidance before problems occur and promptly reports concerns or potential violations in accordance with reporting procedures.
- Information Gathering - Refers to a variety of sources such as Company policy manuals, employee handbook and external resources. Compiles and organizes all the facts required to respond to request(s).
- Interpersonal Skills - Develops openness and trust with others. Expresses opposing views in a tactful manner. Makes others feel comfortable.
- Multitasking - Shifts back and forth as needed between two or more activities or sources of information. Can handle more than one assignment or responsibility during a given time period.
- Safety - Orientation - Follows and promotes the Company rules and procedures. Shows an appreciation and sets an example for safe work behavior. Does not take inappropriate risks.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the company. * We do not provide application status due to overwhelming volume. If your skills meet our needs, we will contact you to move forward in the process.***EOE without regard to race, color, religion, creed, affectional or sexual orientation or sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetics, veteran status, gender, gender identity, citizenship status, marital status, VEVRAA Federal Contractor.**
***If you have a disability and you need an accommodation to apply, please contact the Sr. Director of Talent and Development at 301-773-5500 ext. 2975***