The Account Manager directs business efforts at specified Accounts and/or Strategic Markets. Specific markets may include Surgical Hand Tools, Industrial Hand Tools, Medical pumps, and Respirators. Identified accounts include those purchasing or with opportunity for the Portescap family of products.
The Account Manager creates and implements sales and marketing strategies that will result in an increase in Portescap product sales and market penetration/expansion within the designated accounts and/or markets.
The Account Manager role is remote based.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to manage the complex selling process, consisting of engagement at all levels of a prospect organization, from engineering & technical teams to senior management. Includes an understanding of when and why to engage at the various levels within such accounts
- Responsible for calling on existing and new accounts to include: presentation of new products, current account summaries, negotiation on price structure and contracts
- Maintain and grow market share at existing accounts
- Will be responsible for increasing market penetration at defined accounts and develop / grow new business
- Complete VOC work for marketing and new product development
- Interface on a technical level with customers to assist between engineering departments
- Work closely with Marketing to introduce new product lines to customers
- Responsible for following quality system procedures as required
- Responsibility may also include the ability to work in a multi-channel environment
- Determine sales channel to best grow the geographical territory
- Create Marketing Plan to grow and promote Portescap Product Line in geographical territory
- Perform strategic market analysis to determine target markets, customers, and go to market strategy for geographical territory. Market analysis should include complete market map, review of business climate in region, and key focus areas for successful growth rates of over 20%
- Develop a growth strategy and executing various initiatives to win in geographical territory
- Work with sales channel to build our design win funnel and to move new opportunities through successful and timely prototype "wins" and through product qualification
- Lead initiatives to better understand market needs and competitive landscape, identify key customers and contacts, and assimilate VOC required to create product road maps for Portescap to grow in the region
Job Requirements Critical Competencies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Must be able to develop relationships at all levels
- Must be able to work closely with Manufacturing and Quality teams
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to set and achieve goals
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Strong computer skills are required
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to manage a flexible schedule
- Negotiation skills/relationship management
- Strategic planning, and tactical implementation of strategy
- Ability to comprehend written contracts
- Customer contact & management skills
- Pricing (strategic pricing planning & tactical deployment)
- Adaptability to change
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Powerpoint, Outlook, Word, Excel)
Physical Demand and Work Environment:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or related is required with five to seven years of sales experience
- Experience within the motion control industry is preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. Keyboard skills a requirement.
**Must be willing and able to travel by all forms of transportation.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Sales time is roughly split equally between office and manufacturing environments. When visiting customer's facilities, safety glasses and or noise protection requirements will be defined and enforced as with other customer personnel.