Job Location: Lancaster, PA
Please note that this is a 3rd shift position
The Hershey Company Y&S Lancaster plant is a Non-Union plant producing Licorice Products such as Twizzlers, Nibs, and Pull & Peel, in a high-speed complex environment.
The primary role and responsibility of the Electrical/Controls Specialist is to provide technical support to ensure that production lines and plant processes are operational, and provide the technical expertise to troubleshoot, repair and maintain process instrumentation, PLC's, control systems and computers.
This position will be assigned to 3rd shift and may be required to work other shifts and/or weekends as necessary to support plant operations and projects.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair plant controls systems, PLC's, motion controllers, HMI's, and electrical systems.
- Read and interpret drawings, diagrams, manuals, schematics, and blueprints to maintain and improve equipment uptime.
- Setup, configure, program, modify and improve PLC programs
- Provide 2nd level technical support to plant electricians and technicians.
- Provide mentoring to maintenance, engineering, and manufacturing personnel on new and/or improved technologies
- Coordinate with equipment vendors, engineering personnel, manufacturing supervision and production employees in the solution, design, and implementation efforts
- Provide technical analyses (cost estimates, feasibility, specifications, interpretation of requirements), develop alternatives and prepare recommendations for capital solutions to problems
- Assist with power distribution switchgear maintenance and switching
- Diagnose and repair or replace malfunctioning apparatus and components, such as transformers, circuit breakers, fuses, motors, generators, and fixtures
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and participating in daily pass down discussions
- Perform advanced troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair of plant electrical systems
- Participate in the maintenance and upkeep of the Process Control Network security procedures and policies
- Implement incremental improvement ideas to improve quality, reliability, uptime, and cost.
- Support capital projects to eliminate controls obsolescence and improve plant quality, reliability, and uptime.
- Develop and provide technical training to Technical Assurance personnel.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:
- Experience with processing and packaging equipment, controls systems, instrumentation, and computers
- Knowledge of electrical power distribution including panelboards, motor control centers, bus ways, and MV switchgear
- Understanding of project management tools and requirements such as purchase requisitions, contractor time monitoring, internal orders, and project timelines
- Understanding of local area networks, VLANs, subnetting and routing
- Ability to operate, maintain, and troubleshoot DC drives, AC VFD's, and Servo Drives
- Ability to design and troubleshoot control circuits, ladder logic, and Boolean logic
- Ability to troubleshoot, modify and improve PLC and motion control programs in Logix5000 software environment.
- Knowledge of Devicenet, DH+, Remote IO, and Ethernet networks
- Ability to create, modify and troubleshoot Human Machine Interfaces (HMI's)
- Ability to design, maintain and troubleshoot process control systems and Proportional-Integral-Derivative (PID) controllers
- Ability to build process control computers, load PC operating systems and software and troubleshoot PC's and servers
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Ability to work in cooperative atmosphere with others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills will be required
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology, Mechatronics or a related technical degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in engineering, maintenance or a related field required
- Advanced experience with Allen Bradley PLC's is required
Preferred Skills / Attributes:
- Practical knowledge and relevant experience in a Food production environment (GMP, SQF)
- Understanding of PC's and PC skills (Windows Server 2016, Windows 10, VMWare)
- Experience using SAP software program
- Panelview HMI Programming and Troubleshooting
- Applicants will be expected to demonstrate the ability to read and create electrical schematics, to program and troubleshoot PLC's and HMI's and to diagnose and repair PC problems.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans
If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact the HR Service Center (email@example.com).